lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] endless loop in netconn_write

From: M. Gotink
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] endless loop in netconn_write
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 10:06:37 +0200

> Ahh, OK.  Could it be that the purge doesn't happen until the connection
> has exited the TCP TIME_WAIT state?  I'm not sure how lwIP deals with
> this and don't have time to check at the moment, so it's just an idea
> rather than anything concrete.

We've updated lwIP to the latest version on CVS, with no noticable changes in
the stability of our webserver.
We seem to be missing a bit of the debug information since it writes a lot of
data over the UART, so thats not totally reliable. We also use the lwip_stats
to locate errors, which is reliable.
Today we've noticed that the MEMP_TCP_PCB (which is set to 32 right now) buffer
shows some errors. As far as i know this buffer is just the number of active
connections. So when we are doing 3 requests at once and wait until all
connections are closed before doing a new request, this buffer should be 3
max...
So it looks like not all connections are closed, which can cause problems with
some memory which won't be freed.

Martin