lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port

From: Yadnesh Phadke
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: reading and writing to the ethernet, unix port
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 15:36:10 +0530

Thanks for the replies.

I will check about firewalling/iptables with network administrator.
But , when I call lwip_connect(), the outgoing packet should be seen by,  "tcpdump - i tap0"
Am I right?

Also I am running red hat Linux 8 on Windows XP, using VMWare.  Could that be a problem?

But I am able to run normal socket based client-server sample on Linux.  and also across, my Linux and  XP.

Regards,
Yadnesh

On 9/4/06, Kelvin Lawson <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have downloaded lwIP and successfully compiled it.  In the Linux port,
> LWIP communicates
> over the network using the "TAP/TUN" device.
>
> I have written a simple application using lwip_XXX() socket functions.
> But nothing seems to work.  I debugged through the stack and found that,
> the problem is inside the low_level_XXX() functions.
> The read / write calls on the "/dev/net/tun" do not seem to receive /
> send packets on the Ethernet.  I am stuck with this problem for quiet

Do you have firewalling/iptables configured? That could be dropping your
TAP packets.

Kelvin.