lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] LWIP TCP issues

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] LWIP TCP issues
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:40:32 +0100

On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 09:02 +0100, Kieran Mansley wrote:

> > >      We are using LWIP in an ecos based environment. We are having
> > > problems with LWIP TCP. The udp part is communicating successfully to
> > > a external TCP/IP stack from our system. But while using TCP client to
> > > connect to a external TCP server from with in the system, it is not
> > > working. The tcp_connect results in a SYNC to the external server. The
> > > server acks with a SYNC -ACK. Then a RST goes from the LWIP instead of
> > > an ACK to complete the initialization handshake.
>
> Hmm, that is strange.

Something else I've just noticed.  You're sending ethernet frames that
are less that 60 bytes long on the wire, which I think is invalid - take
a look at packets 27 and 28: seemingly identical ARP replies, but one is
48 bytes, the other is 60 bytes.  I wonder, could you have two devices
configured with the same MAC address on you network?  That could explain
the problems.

Kieran