lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Documentation redistribution licence?

From: Adam Dunkels
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Documentation redistribution licence?
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 02:37:59 +0200

Hi,

the documentation is distributed under the same license as the rest of the code (3-clause BSD-style).

Best regards,

/adam

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
Hi,

The lwIP source code is covered by the BSD licence, all well and good. But I was wanting to put together some user documentation for eCos, and was wanting to copy extracts from the documentation at the PDF at http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/documentation.html (which documents the sequential API at least) and also http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/lwip/lwip/doc/rawapi.txt

Obviously I want to maintain full attribution and follow any terms of modification and redistribution. But it's not clear what, if any, restrictions there are. Anyone able to say?

I am expecting that when it's all done, that HTML versions will be available for viewing on my company's website, which although geared for eCos will probably be more widely useful.

Jifl

--
Adam Dunkels, Swedish Institute of Computer Science
http://www.sics.se/~adam/