lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: curious large packets and transmit stuck

From: Andre Puschmann
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: curious large packets and transmit stuck
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 21:08:09 +0100

Kieran Mansley wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 21:56 +0100, Andre Puschmann wrote:
>> i am aware of this fact. the curious thing IMO is the correlation
>> between the occurrences of this "larger packets" and the stuck of the
>> whole stack.
>
> Sounds like you may either have a locking problem (the usual cause of
> deadlock) or possibly a resource allocation issue.  Is lwIP sending or
> receiving the large packet?  Could you get a packet trace using
> something like ethereal?  Your lwipopts.h configuration might throw some
> light on the problem too.

hi kieran,
lwip is sending the packets. you say that it can be a recource
allocation problem .. how can i ensure that lwip gets what it wants! i
mean i always check lwip.stats but is there a way to check if lwip waits
for an sem to get signaled or so?
i'll post a trace and my opts.h tomorrow since i don't have them on this
machine.

> Kieran

best regards,

andre