lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] eCos - PPP - TCP - LwIP

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] eCos - PPP - TCP - LwIP
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 12:37:30 +0000

Ashish Anand wrote:

Jonathan Larmour wrote:
Ashish Anand wrote:
I turned on debugging. This is what I get when I try to telnet to the
board
(192.168.1.4) from 192.168.1.3...... (0x401a8c0 is 192.168.1.4, the
board):

ip_input: iphdr->dest 0xfb0000e0 netif->ip_addr 0x401a8c0 (0xe0, 0x1a8c0,
0xfb00000)ip_input: iphdr->dest 0xfb0000e0 netif->ip_addr 0x100007f
(0xe0,
0x7f, 0xfb000000)
ip_input: packet not for us.
ip_forward: not bouncing packets back on incoming interface.

So basically, the data link layer (PPP) is up. But I am not able to do
much
at the network layer (IP/ICMP).
Try debugging the netif layer. See if the PPP layer does set the IP
address for the ppp interface, and if so, to what.

I have done that. The board is being assigned the correct IP as specified by
my PPP Server. I am able to printf the board IP, the server IP and netmask
also. So it's not a data link layer issue probably.

Sorry, yes, if I had read your earlier output more carefully I'd have seen that. The destination address in the IP header field above is 224.0.0.251

That's a multicast address (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicast_address ). In fact specifically that is Rendezvous/multicastDNS. Are you sure this only happens at the point you do the telnet? I suspect in fact this packet comes from some other process on your host which is sending them, and it's sending it to all connected interfaces including ppp.

If so, then that means IP connectivity in general is working as far as the target is concerned, and the problem may in fact be the host. Perhaps the routing tables? Perhaps using tcpdump or ethereal on the various interfaces on the host may show you where the packets are going, at the point you actually initiate the telnet.

Jifl
 Meet us at Embedded Systems Conference - SV, April 3rd-5th.  Stand #2248
Company legal info, address and number:   http://www.ecoscentric.com/legal