lwip-users

RE: RE : [lwip-users] Optimizations for applications requiringlimitedfun

From: Roger Cover
Subject: RE: RE : [lwip-users] Optimizations for applications requiringlimitedfunctionality.
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:26:51 -0700

Greetings Frédéric,

The performance decrease I measured was relative to version 0.6.3 of lwIP. The
measurement is the total transfer time for a 33560192 byte data set from my
instrument to an application on my PC using TCP/IP. The time was 13.98 seconds
for lwIP 0.6.3 and 19.56 seconds for lwIP 1.2.0. I am using the same "driver",
with minor modifications to accommodate the API changes in the lwIP code from
0.6.3 to 1.2.0, and the same applications on the PC and my embedded PPC405
processor. Removing the statistics improved the performance, but did not
recover the entire 40%.

I will let you know what improvements I get from the lwipopts.h changes you
suggested.

Regards,
Roger