lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem with sending packets with a LPC2368 and lwIP

From: Spies, Dominik
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem with sending packets with a LPC2368 and lwIP
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:05:39 +0200

Hallo!

I posted some pronlems regarding DHCP yesterday, and now I found out
that DHCP works fine, it's not the problem.
I use this port of FreeRTOS and lwIP:
http://www.sirsydom.de/permalinks/MCB2300FreeRTOSlwIP.rar (Originally
from Yahoo Groups LPC2000 Group File Section)

So the problem is the following:
When connected to a PC with a 10/100MBit Hub or Switch the Devvice
operates at 100MBit. If so, somehow packets that should have been sent
by the decice out on the netowrk never reach the network. E.g. Ping
replies or TCP traffic. But not all Traffic is lost (some ping replies
are recieved..) and TCP works also after some retransmissions. DHCP
works *always* correct, it seems. ARP Requests (Answers on ARP Requests)
are also not answered.
That doesn't mean the device or the lwIP Stack does something wrong or
displays errors. The send function returns 0, The TX Status registers
are correct (show no errors).

The strange thing is that *some* ping replies are recieved by the PC..
About 5-10%, sometimes up to 50%..

What is even stranger:
When I connect via Cross-Link Cable directly or use a 10Mbit Hub all
works great..

Does anyone have some hints for me where I can continue searching for
the error? I have no more ideas..

Kind Regards,

Dominik