lwip-users

RE : RE : [lwip-users] APIPA / AutoIP / Zeroconf / RFC 3927 Module

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : RE : [lwip-users] APIPA / AutoIP / Zeroconf / RFC 3927 Module
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:59:49 +0200

>I need a fully RFC-compliant AutoIP feature and I'm willing to share it under
>terms of a free license (think the same license as lwIP would fit best).
Agree, and if you really want to share it, I even think it's the good solution

>Thanks for your help offer, I'll ask if I get stuck anywhere.
No problem

>The RFC requires to continously check if there are ARP reply packets with the
>same IP-Address as destination as the own one to detect address conflicts. So
>I have to place a hook in the ARP Layer so I can check this in my autoip
>module. Or is there a better solution?

No, and it's even the solution used by dhcp when you set DHCP_DOES_ARP_CHECK=1,
to call dhcp_arp_reply in ehtarp.c.

Gook luke, and give us any reports of your solution...

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional