lwip-users

[lwip-users] Non-blocking connect

From: BRivero
Subject: [lwip-users] Non-blocking connect
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 15:01:54 +0200

Hello lwip users,

I would like to ask you some advice on the following issue. I am interested in using non-blocking sockets. I have implemented a daytimetcp client/server application with the client part in an lwip/nucleus system using both blocking and non blocking sockets (in both cases it works allright now thanks to your advice). Nevertheless, I have noticed that in some cases the connect call works as unexpected:

When I run the client using non-blocking sockets, I receive the message perfectly, but when the connect is called, the errno received is 0 (OK). Shouldn´t it answer with an EINPROGRESS (115)?? I have had a look at the code in sockets.c and I see no place where the EINPROGRESS code is set into the errno. Might this not be implemented???

Another I am worried about is the fact that having the system off the network, when I run the client, the connect call answers not immediately. It waits a few seconds before returning a 103 errno

(CONNABORTED). Shouldn´t a non-blocking connect answer immediately with either an EINPROGRESS or an error????

I have used the ioctl function in order to set my socket to non-blocking. I have done so due to the fact that I assume that the fcntl function does not exist in the lwip sockets layer. Am I right???

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!!!!! It is always very helpful!!