lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic

From: Caglar Akyuz
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:06:22 +0300

Kieran Mansley wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 01:58 +0300, Caglar Akyuz wrote:
>> 1) Problem is not happening on a direct cable connection(without a hub)
>> 2) Problem is happening with various hubs.
>> 3) If I use a Linux PC, problem is rarely seen, with a Windows PC the
>>    problem is more frequent.
>> 4) All the devices losing connection at the same time.
>> 5) If I use static arp entries in Linux, all goes well. I can not test
>>
>>    this on Windows since Windows has a strange static arp understanding.
>
> Can you get a small ethereal capture to illustrate this?

Sure. I just have to learn how to split ethereal captures into small
pieces.

> The fact that the hub makes a difference is interesting.  I wonder if it is a
> problem
> with the boards seeing packets from one of the other boards.

I was firstly suspicious about this also. But in my driver receiving
broadcasts was disabled. I'm still trying to figure out how my code is
responding arp requests.

> Does it happen in response to all broadcast ARP packets, or only some?  Does
> it
> happen in response to other broadcast packets?

Not all. Also it happens with other broadcast packets. I guess that's
why my Windows box causes more crash.

Caglar