lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] Broadcast packets breaking my network traffic
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:27:23 +0200

Perhaps some ideas:

- Windows talk "everywhere", understand : it send lot of packets for ARP, uPnp,
Netbios, etc... More than Linux on this point.
- If you use a hub, and not a switch, you can have "lot" of collisions on the
network. What is the result on a switch?
- Do you use ARP_QUEUEING? There was a problem with this option in previous
releases.
- Does your ethernet driver call directly etharp_ip_input on receive? This
could cause problems inside ARP table (concurrent access not protected), and
"load" your target if you receive lot of packets...

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional