lwip-users

[lwip-users] RE: lwIP TCP Dup Ack problem

From: Ramanathan Ramadass
Subject: [lwip-users] RE: lwIP TCP Dup Ack problem
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

Oops, forgot the trace. Here it is;

From: Ramanathan Ramadass [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2007 11:36 AM
To: 'address@hidden'
Subject: lwIP TCP Dup Ack problem

Hi All,

This is my first posting to this list and hence a little bit of background to set the context J I have taken the TCP, Memp and PBUF memory management pieces from lwIP and modified it to work on our custom multiprocessor. The TCP engine, input and output processing themselves have not been modified except to remove the globals in input processing. The code was taken from CVS a few months ago and am now doing my testing.

1. Has anybody ported lwIP to a multiprocessor system; specifically the TCP layer? Do you have any performance numbers?

2. I am finding some odd behaviour w.r.t. Dup Acks. While I am hunting it down; I am not sure whether it is a known problem and/or whether it has been fixed. Attached is a trace of the problem. It was generated using “nc” (netcat). In the trace;

            - 20.1.1.2 is the Linux client

            - 10.1.1.2 is our system using lwIP’s TCP.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Regards

Ram

--