lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug in inet_chksum_pseudo() produces bad checksum (Para

From: Dave Lyneham
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug in inet_chksum_pseudo() produces bad checksum (Paradigm C++)
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:29:19 +1000

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who has given this issue some consideration.  I
just heard back from Paradigm.  A gentleman identifying as Rick
confirmed this is an issue for the Tern version of Paradigm C++, which
in my case is 5.00.014, I believe this is the latest.  At this stage
Rick has suggsted that I work around the issue.

The problem manifests when "jump optimizations" is enabled.

Please note the following variations:

1) while (acc >> 16) {   // no good
2) while ((acc >> 16) != 0) {   // no good
3) while ((acc >> 16) > 0) {   // works

Others in the group suggested replacing the conditional 1) with 2).
But note this does not solve the issue.  3) does work, and in most
cases there would be only one iteration of the while loop, so
performance implications should not be negligible.  On the other hand
this is to deal with a bug in the compiler, which I personally am
happy to workaround until Paradigm is inspired to remedy the fault in
their product, if that is the group's decsion.

Kind regards
Dave

--
0409 427 687 (m)