lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Deadlock

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Deadlock
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 20:09:13 +0100

Bikram Chatterjee schrieb:
CS8900A driver implementation available for lwIP, but could not find any). posting packets throught netif->input (tcpip_input) into 'mbox' mailbox. After receiving a few segments everything stops working. I did some investigation and saw that tcpip_thread is waiting on conn->recvmbox to post received packets as mailbox posts on full mailboxes are blocking. Driver is waiting on mbox to post packets it has received. Application is waiting on mbox to post do_recv API message. I have investigated further and found out that in netconn_recv we should actually keep emptying conn->recvmbox in order for the tcpip_thread to keep going.

In the case of Nucleus the mailbox size is only four
You mean only four messages fit into a mailbox?? That's way too small for lwIP! If you can't adjust the size, you might have to implement your own mailbox (based on counting semaphores), that can hold more messages.

If anyone feels different (that 4 messages are enough OR Nucleus can do different), please feel free to correct me! I don't even know Nucleus....

Simon