lwip-users

[lwip-users] DHCP with lwIP

From: Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Subject: [lwip-users] DHCP with lwIP
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:14:43 +0000

Hi ..
First thing first, thanks for reading this and helping out.
I am a student given the task of porting the lwip 1.2.0
to the 32bit Freescale MPC852T running on a commercial RTOS and im about to write the
source code for the ethernet interface setup when I started to give
a thought about DHCP for my device to obtain an IP Address and gateway.
Following is my question :

1. Following is my program flow for the ethernet setup :
Bring HW up (not netif, just hardware setup) --> create netif and initialize it with HW address info
-->call DHCP (dhcp_start();)-->make netif default and add it into the list.
Is the flow for a threaded environment ok ? Did I forget anything....e,g úse the socket API (another requirement)

2. How am I suppose to figure out the memory allignment?

Also any link which could help me porting lwip would be welcome...
Thanks a lot in advance....

Ikhwan