lwip-users

Re: RE : [lwip-users] netconn_connct returning always ERR_OK

From: Marko Panger
Subject: Re: RE : [lwip-users] netconn_connct returning always ERR_OK
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 21:51:25 +0100

Simon,

Thanks ! I fact I though 0 means don't wait at all.
Huh...usually 0 means don't wait and (-1) means wait forever. As I understand you, here is all the opposite. Is this the same for mailboxes ?

I was sure it was just a "formal" problem from my side !

Thanks again,
marko

address@hidden wrote:
Marko Panger wrote:
1) netconn_new_with_proto_and_callback() creates the semaphore and the semaphore is initialized to 0. After that tcpip_apimsg() is invoked which sends the do_newconn() function to the main tcp thread. The tcpip_apimsg() function pends on the op_completed semaphore with 0 time.
Just to ensure you get this right: '0' means infinite, not 'test and return' -> the app task should wait for the tcpip_thread to complete the function request.

Simon