lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Max throughput and LWIP

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Max throughput and LWIP
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:38:00 +0000

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 12:03 -0500, Bill Auerbach wrote:

> The two devices communicating probably will be directly connected.  Though
> the user could put this on his LAN, I would think the router would direct
> traffic from the PC right back to the lwIP device and then only the router
> could or would introduce errors that TCP checksumming would be required to
> check, is this right?

The drivers and hardware at either end could also have bugs that would
introduce errors that the TCP checksum would normally protect against.
Do you really have confidence that both drivers, and all the hardware in
the network, are bug-free?  What would be the consequence of an
undetected data error?

Kieran