lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Problem with long term running of lwIP.

From: Pettinato, Jim
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Problem with long term running of lwIP.
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:42:56 -0500

Well... I finally got it to happen on my development system, by putting
it on the corporate LAN and letting it get bombarded by all those stupid
broadcast messages.

The state of the driver was that the ring buffer tail pointer ended up
with a NULL pbuf pointer, so it was stalled. And my pbuf resources were
exhausted before the head pointer wrote all the way around the ring
again, so it stalled when the pbufs ran out. So... turned out to be my
driver, looks like in my case. Just needed to add some protection to
avoid overrunning the ring buffer (I'm not sure it was purely an
overrun; it may have been an unprotected area in the buffer read routine
that needed protection from interrupts as well.)

Gonna let it run over the weekend with the fixes and we'll see how it
looks on Monday.