lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] HELP with LWIPOPTS.H - how set these options and whatdo

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] HELP with LWIPOPTS.H - how set these options and whatdoes are they mean?
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:40:23 -0500

From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Piero 74
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 9:02 AM
To: Mailing list for lwIP users

Hi all.

Below this message, i copied my lwipopts.h, so i hope i can explain better to all my problems.

I need help for some setting and understanding.

I use  tcp (with listener) and udp sockets.

In particular, my questions are:

5. PBUF_POOL_SIZE: i tryed to set this value low, but i saw problem with pbuf_alloc in my emac driver. What's the best or the minimal value for this option?

PBUF_POOLs are used only by SNMP and for your use in your ethernetif driver.  Assuming no SNMP, the minimum value is the number of Ethernet RX/TX packets you want to buffer before discarding (dropping) the packet because of lack of memory.

Bill