lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] ethernet dead if plug to switch .

From: Pettinato, Jim
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] ethernet dead if plug to switch .
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:13:47 -0400

I'm a bit behind in my perusing of the list, so sorry if you've solved this already.

I have found that the major difference between these two scenarios (crossover cable vs. Intranet) is the amount of broadcast traffic that must be handled. Hence, problems when attached to the network are typically at a low level (i.e. the driver). I would look for issues such as unhandled buffer overruns (if you buffer at the ISR level) or pbuf depletion.