lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] using loopback

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] using loopback
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 19:43:00 +0200

You could just use netconn receive timeout to see whether the system still works and call receive again after triggering the watchdog. To use the timeout, set the LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO define to 1 and set conn->recv_timeout to a millisecond value of your choice (it is initialized with 0 which means wait forever).

The downside is of course that you only know the netconn thread is still running, you don't know anything about the tcpip_thread or a potential ethernetif_input_thread. But I think these are best monitored on their own (e.g. check the tcpip_thread by using a sys_timeout()).

Simon

Ben Bobbitt schrieb:
Yes, It would be more accurate to say that I need to check that a thread is running. It sounds like there is no current capability to use the loopback to do that. The thread that I want to monitor this way will be blocked on a netconn read call using a netif that is not a loopif type.
Ben Bobbitt
ESR