lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to build a simple TCP [...]

From: Antonio de Angelis
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to build a simple TCP [...]
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 11:12:06 +0200

Thank you for reply and I apologize for the style of my previous mail, I'm sorry, but it's the first time that I write code in a mailing list :-) I've tried to connect to a server different from the server process that I've created, a common server on Internet (www.telecom.it) and the client works! I can't understand why it doesn't work when I try to connect using the client to my server process!!! I've launched Wireshark and observed that when I try to connect to my server with my client, there are only ARP requests of the type "Who has 192.168.1.200? Tell 192.168.1.201" and the reply that specifies the correct MAC address associated to 192.168.1.200. I can't see the SYN segment sent in Wireshark, but if I debug the code, after calling tcp_connect, the state in the pcb structure associated with the connection is SYN SENT... Please can someone help me? Thank you! :-)

Antonio de Angelis

address@hidden ha scritto:
Antonio de Angelis wrote:
[lengthy post...]
First of all, your mail is very difficult to read if you mix such long code passages with the actual questions you want to ask. Chances you get a response are higher if the problem is expalined shortly and code is put at the end of the mail.

As to your problem: I don't really know why this doesn't work, I already did such a setup on my PC. Did you try your client application to connect to some other (non lwIP) server? Maybe even outside your PC? If you still have problems, you can try to use wireshark to monitor the ethernet packets sent on the network. Maybe that helps to find the problem.

Simon