lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Xilinx Board LWIP UDP Packet Length limitation

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Xilinx Board LWIP UDP Packet Length limitation
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:33:24 +0200

I don't have experience with ethernet packets bigger than1514 bytes, but I think the main limitations are:
- netif->mtu (you have to set this when initializing the netif)
- TCP_MSS (as you already have discovered)
- IP fragmentation: either turn it off (define IP_FRAG to 0) or set IP_FRAG_MAX_MTU higher than its default (1500)

there may be more though...

Simon

Gary Olson wrote:

Hi,

I am working with Xilinx EDK and LWIP I think it is version 1.2. I am able to use the uecho test to send UDP packets less that length 1460 bytes or so. But when I try to increase the UDP Packet length to 2000 it fails. My desire is to at least be able to send packets that are

2500 bytes in length. This is because I am trying to send a whole packet of data with the length of one packet to be about 2020 bytes maximum.

I tried increasing the TCP_MSS value from 1460 to 3000 (in the lwip software settings). This did not make it work however.

Does anyone know what I can do to send larger packets using LWIP.

Thank You,

  Gary Olson