lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Xilinx Board LWIP UDP Packet Length limitation

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Xilinx Board LWIP UDP Packet Length limitation
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 18:08:28 -0400

You have to be sure all devices on the switch are Jumbo Frame enabled too.

2 packets come in back to back within microseconds of each other.  I don't
really think there is any significant benefit to large frames.  In our
application using them improved bandwidth a negligible amount.  We don't
want network compatibility issues or requirements for Jumbo Frame supporting
hardware to be installed to work with our device, so we stuck with the
industry standard normal packet size.

Bill