lwip-users

[lwip-users] HTTPClient implementation

From: Stanko Nedic
Subject: [lwip-users] HTTPClient implementation
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:42:53 +0000

Dear all,

I would like to implement a simple HTTPClient class that allows the system based on LPC2368 to send GET/POST HTTP requests to a URL (where url is a parameter for methods get/post and post has an additional char * data argument). Is there an open source implementation that any of you know of, which I could adapt? Otherwise, has anyone attempted doing this and is happy to provide some guidance/ideas/code?

Currently, I have a system where the PC can send GET/POST requests to a system using LPC2368 with lwIP and these can be processed correctly with appropriate response returned to the PC (e.g. a webpage, etc.).

As far as I see, the HTTPClient object would need to initiate a connection by binding to port 80 of the chosen URL and appropriately release this connection at the end. I'm not exactly sure how to do this. Furthermore, I'm not sure how to get the lwIP to initialise a three-way handshake (SYN, ACK/SYN, ACK) by sending a SYN to an open connection. At the moment, this is done vice versa, i.e. lwIP receives SYN, does ACK/SYN and eventually receives the acknowledgment from the PC.

The rest of the implementation should probably be quite similar to what I currently have.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Stan.

P.S. I noticed that an HTTPClient project has been created on the lwIP website, but seems to be in the starting phase (0% complete).