lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP and Ping

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP and Ping
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 07:29:54 +0100

> I have looked through all of the files many times.  But I think you are
> missing the point that I am working on an embedded MCU LPC2468 with
> FreeRTOS.  There is no Windows, Unix, uLinix, or anything else that
> contains
> implementation of sys/time.h  for me.  I have to come up with an
> alternative.

Of course you do. That's why it's called a port: you have to implement all the
functions in sys_arch.c (and correct all the defines and typedefs in cc.h and
sys_arch.h) to fit your compiler, platform and OS. But the ports for unix and
win32 show you what you need to implement. Of course, you cannot simply copy
them (unless FreeRTOS provides a win32 compatibility layer, hehe).

Doing this is not that much work, but still it requires some time which is why
most people share their ports. So if you have a FreeRTOS port, you should
already have most of the functions. Doesn't this OS support some kind of timing
function? Most OSes provide a simple counter that counts the timer interrupt
ticks. If you know the timer's interval, you can calculate back the
(milli-)seconds (since booting).

Simon
http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger