lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] 64 bit linux port on lwip 1.3.0 good?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] 64 bit linux port on lwip 1.3.0 good?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 16:58:07 +0100

Kieran Mansley wrote:
In order to set up a working test system, to get the hang of lwip, I have
decided to get it up on my main desktop, running linux/amd64.
[..]
I'd prefer you to work on 64 bit so
we get more coverage there and so more bugs fixed,
For what it's worth: I'd prefer that, too since I'd like these bugs (if there still are any) to be discovered but I don't have a 64 bit machine.

Just out of interest: are there any differences to be expected between linux64 and win64? I think the main problem would be if we used 'long', but are there differences with 'char', 'short', 'int' or any other type?

Simon