lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Routing in lwIP.

From: fabian . koch
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Routing in lwIP.
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:18:39 +0100

Hey guys,

address@hidden wrote on 30.01.2009 02:53:21:
> But I think the original pointer is interested in more complicated
> routing, possibly even dynamic routing. I think that would require a fair
> bit of new code in lwIP.

I think the project shouldn't get carried away from it's original idea.
And that is _embedded_ _devices_.

The first one meaning we talk about minimal ressources and optimal usage of them.
The second point is, LwIP is aimed at devices. It's not gonna be a complex router, shooting millions of packets a sec. (Thats what you buy the expensive Ciscos or Junipers for)
Thats just not what it is intended for and all code that would be added in that direction will bind developers to stuff that does not hit the target audience.

just my humble opinion though.

regards,
Fabian