lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Struggleing to build a TCP echo server

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Struggleing to build a TCP echo server
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 22:04:34 +0100

Chen wrote:
[..], they all dealt with socket/netif directly, which I am not familiar with, not a single sample project calls tcp_* raw APIs, so I am having trouble to extract the pieces to make a TCP echo server.

There is an example (very simple) HTTP server for the raw API in the contrib module (there is also a port for unix and win32 for easy development/debugging). The contrib module for lwIP 1.3.0 is availaible in the download section at savannah or via CVS.

As you mentioned you used ATMEL sample projects: be aware ATMEL could have an older version of lwIP, which is not really supported on this list. Oh, and when using the raw API: be aware the functions may only be called from one thread, the lwIP core is NOT thread safe (use sockets/netconn if you want that).

Also, is there a place I can purchase/download the full documentation of lwIP?

Hehe, that's a good one! Really, there is the txt files in the download, the pdf at adam's page (http://www.sics.se/~adam/lwip/) and (new) the lwIP wiki (http://lwip.wikia.com).

Simon