lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Implementation starting problems

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Implementation starting problems
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:17:58 +0000

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 15:58 +0100, Dirk Reufsteck wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I would like to implement lwIP to an Atmel ARM7 Eval-Board using
> Crossworks Compiler. Unfortunately there are some starting probs.
> I know about the RTOS example, but I don't want to use an OS.
> Downloading and compiling the 1.3 lwIP brought up many errors
> including missing slashes. Is this possible?!
> Maybe I just need a hint about how and where to start. Are there
> samples for Crossworks and 1.3 lwIP available?

You need to find a port of lwIP to the hardware and compiler that you're
using, or write one yourself if you're able.  lwIP doesn't work "off the
shelf"; it needs extra hardware- and OS-specific code to be written
before it will even compile.  There are no Makefiles for one thing, so
I'm surprised you got as far as compiling it before hitting any
problems!  There are some example ports in the lwip contrib module for
Unix and Win32, and there are lots of other unofficial ports floating
around, so you may get lucky and find someone has already done what you
need.

Hope that helps

Kieran