lwip-users

[lwip-users] Mailboxes and Semaphores

From: Timmy Brolin
Subject: [lwip-users] Mailboxes and Semaphores
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:27:58 +0200

Hello,
I have A few questions about LwIP OS requirements..

Our operating system provides two kinds of semaphores. The normal (and
resource-light) semaphore only allows a single task to block on it at
any one time. There is also a second type which allows multiple tasks to
block on it at the same time, but it requires a bit more memory resources.
Am I correct in assuming that LwIP requires multiple tasks to block on
the same semaphore? Are there any semaphores in LwIP which could do with
the simpler semaphore type?

The mailbox system in our operating system is based on the standard
semaphores, so only one task may block on a mailbox at any one time. Is
this acceptable for LwIP?

Our OS has a limitation in that semaphores and mailboxes never can be
deallocated, and I was hoping that the addition of a deallocation
funtion for semaphores and mailboxes would be enough to get LwIP running
on our system. I would prefer not having to write a new mailbox system
as well.. :-)

Regards,
Timmy Brolin