lwip-users

[lwip-users] How to port PPP for use without an OS??

From: Niels Hendriks
Subject: [lwip-users] How to port PPP for use without an OS??
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 08:06:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'm quite new to porting software to a specific processor. So my appolgies if I ask any
"newby" questions...

For a school assignment, I'm trying to figure out how to the PPP implementation in the LwIP stack
works, and more important how this functionality can be used without any OS.
From the serveral posts on this subject that I have read, I understand that there were now developers
actively known and familiar with the PPP implementation. Because I hope that this has changed, I would like to know:

A) How the PPP implementation works / is implemented
B) What has to be done to port the PPP implementation so that it can be used without a OS.

To try to find a answer myself I first looked at the documentation, and the source code but couldn't undertand
it.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!