lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UDP send ok but Can't find in Ethereal

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UDP send ok but Can't find in Ethereal
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:27:50 +0200

> hi:
> this is my code,modified form stand-alone lwip example web server. I am
> trying to send messages through UDP. But all it is sending are ARP's.

That's perfectly OK: before the stack can actually send the UDP packet, it has
to know the target MAC address. Since it doesn't know it, yet, ARP request
packets are sent.

The stack should receive ARP response packets and (if ARP queueing is turned
on), the original UDP packets should be sent (if ARP queueing is turned off,
the old packets are not sent - udp_send() returns an error - but the next
packets can be sent).

So the question is: are there any ARP responses and if so, why doesn't the
stack handle them. You should see the ARP response packets if they come from
the same PC you are running wireshark on.

Simon