lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] lwIP web server on the FreeRTOS

From: Stefano OLIVERI
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] lwIP web server on the FreeRTOS
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:39:53 +0200

Hi Bill,

I agree with you about lwIP: it is better choice for Cortex-M3 based MCU. In the past I was inspired by a demo running lwIP on Luminary MCU in order to make the port running on STR912. So, I think that it should be not too difficult to port lwIP on your MCU thanks to the abstraction provided by FreeRTOS: the system abstraction layer is the same for both STR9 STM32 and Luminary MCU (based on Cortex-M3). It has to be changed the Ethernet driver. You can find  more information about what I mean in this web page: http://developers.stf12.net/just-another-eclipse-demo-str91x

About SNMP
I provide only the base code for customer development, so I'm sorry but I don't test it by myself, but is it too timing consuming to test if it works fine? ;-) There is a document about the lwIP's SNMP agent in the doc folder of the lwIP distribution. Did you give a look at that document?
Regards,
Stefano