lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Loopback problems

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Loopback problems
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 09:48:31 +0200

address@hidden wrote on 03.08.2009 17:47:34:

> In 1.3.1, we added the function ip_current_header(), which should give
> you everything you need (unless I understood you wrong).

I don't know if that will work.
I basically have a system that wants me to implement a Receive function. It has a parameter that means "isBroadcast?" and I have to fill that with true or false obviously.
But inside the function I use the netconn-API and do a netconn_receive() and then a netbuf_data(). I don't have any means of getting to the (dest)addresses there. Now when I do ip_current_header() in that context, what will it return? The Netbuf I get from netcon_receive will be something cached, not a packet that is just going through the stack.
I somehow can't imagine that it will yield the correct addresses that I want. IF I am even allowed to use it in that layer/context...

Or I am just completely wrong?

regards,
Fabian