lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Loopback problems

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Loopback problems
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:23:05 +0200

address@hidden wrote on 04.08.2009 17:56:10:
> The variables you read/write from the wrong thread are relatively
> static, so no wonder it works for you. However, the correct way to do it
> is to use tcpip_callback() to get a user-specific function called in the
> tcpip_thread(), where you are free to do with the pcb whatever you like :-)

Ah. That explains a lot more. SO I can be clean on that side.

> > Like I said, I'd be willing to send patches to get accepted so that I
> > can use a vanilla release some day.
>
> No patches necessary there. What else are you missing to use lwIP as is?

Well for example my first mail regarding this. Getting dest-addr up to the netbuf level. I think SOF_BROADCAST is nice and elegant but I'd have to mangle a lot with the rest of our system to get that working cleanly AND I actually need the opposite behavior. I need to filter out all traffic on one port that is NOT broadcast. Could be made by an addition to udp_recv() or as you said implementing recvmsg().

> *BTW: could you please respond in ASCII, not HTML? The font in your

I'd love to but am forced to use something that is not quite a mail client, Lotus Notes.

regards,
Fabian