lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] lwIP on TI C55 processor

From: Jamie Granger
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] lwIP on TI C55 processor
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:21:56 +0100

Chris,

Yes, the C55 does allow packing 8-bit values to/from 16-bit words as you
suggest.  This is all just 16-bit operations, and shifting and masking,
which are fine.  In fact there is a "char" type on the C55, but it is a
16-bit value which uses only the lower 8-bits.

So I think, in many places in lwip where an 8-bit pointer is used to
access memory, I would have to replace it with some packing/unpacking
similar to your example.  It looks like it might be a lot of work -
which is why I was asking if anyone's already done it.

Thanks,
Jamie