lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] When TCP connection fails

From: Jeff Barber
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] When TCP connection fails
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 07:50:56 -0500

(Assuming I'm following the code correctly...)
You will get the connected callback only if successful.  If the connection fails, you will get the error callback instead with one of two error codes:
If the connection is rejected with a RST (I think that would mean that the system is there but no server is listening on that port), the error code would be ERR_RST.
If a timeout occurs after the maximum number of SYN retries [TCP_SYNMAXRTX] is reached (i.e. no response from server), the error code would be ERR_ABRT.

Jeff