lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] pbuf flag definition: PBUF_FLAG_LINK_BROADCAST

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] pbuf flag definition: PBUF_FLAG_LINK_BROADCAST
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 10:50:51 +0100

Kevin wrote:
Hi, all:

I find a pbuf flag in lwip1.1.0: which is as this:
#define PBUF_FLAG_LINK_BROADCAST 0x80U

I assume it flags a broadcast message in the pbuf. Right?
At least that's what the comment said it would...

While in lwip1.3.0, I cannot find this flag. My question is:
How lwip1.3.0 tells that it is a broadcast message in pbuf? Is there a relevant flag for broadcast message?
I'm not totally sure why this flag has been deleted two year ago, but I don't recall it being used in the lwIP code (I think the only protocol that needs this information is ARP, and that can figure it out on its own).

Simon