lwip-users

[lwip-users] new data callback with pbuf pointer of zero

From: JM
Subject: [lwip-users] new data callback with pbuf pointer of zero
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 10:07:53 -0800 (PST)

I'm a bit confused by this one.  It took me a while to track down the cause of my crashes, but I finally discovered that the callback specified by tcp_recv was being passed a a pointer of zero for the pbuf.  The callback function never checked for this and cause the processor to throw an exception because of the invalid pbuf pointer.  Anyway, I have the callback return if the passed pbuf is zero and now it's fine.  The passed error code is zero.

What would cause it to be passed zero for the pbuf?  By definition, isn't this callback used when there is data to provide?  I'm using 1.3.0 in raw mode.