lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] http server and pbuf overflow

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] http server and pbuf overflow
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:20:10 +0100

Simon Goldschmidt schrieb:
How do you know you have a leak, anyway? Does your device stall? Or
is it only temporary? Maybe you just configured the number of pbufs
too low?

I let it run some time. then I close all browser windows and have a look at the stats. pbuf.used doesn't drop to 0! If I let it run some time used increases to avail.

Don't I get a tcp_err in this case? This would free pbuf.

That depends on the remote side. If you simply switch off the remote
side or unplug its cable, you won't get a tcp_err (or not for some
time, at least): tcp_err is called when the remote side sends a RST
or your connection times out (and timing out can be a long time for
TCP if the remote side simply doesn't answer at all).

Good to know.

Gustl