lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Soliciting opinions for new FreeRTOS/lwIP demo

From: Micael
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Soliciting opinions for new FreeRTOS/lwIP demo
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 22:50:45 +0100

Hi,

Having gone the route using lwip sockets with your FreeRTOS, I'd say stick
with sockets. Having said that, I realise that there are many reasons not to,
especially with lower performance cpus.

I also think, like Simon, that sockets in it self does not need a very
advanced demo, better focus on the initializations and startup.
However as for me, I had to struggle a bit to get all bits together, with the
demos currently available with FreeRTOS; the file structure is a bit
complicated if one are also using the fresher lwip from repository or any
newer release. If the FreeRTOS/lwip layers could be made more separated, or
layered somehow, it would be great. Currently I have bits and pieces from
lwip in FreeRTOS demo path, and other stuff from the 'current lwip' path.

I still have the very complicated file strucutre in my project, but at some
time I'll have to deal with it. I am just not sure what is the best route, as
I'd like to follow updates from both lwip and FreeRTOS without a days work.

Thanks,
 Micael