lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] DHCP + LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME =1 for IP retrieving

From: Simon St-Pierre
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] DHCP + LWIP_NETIF_HOSTNAME =1 for IP retrieving
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 14:54:53 -0500

Thank you Simon !!!

I can now ping my device using its name!!!

To all newbies like me, this is what I have done:

- Download http://nongnu.askapache.com/lwip/contrib-1.3.0.zip

- Add the netbios.c and netbios.h

- In netbios.c define NETBIOS_LWIP_NAME to the name you want to ping.

- In your code, after prvlwIPInit(); and the statup of dhcp, Call netbios_init();

- D’ont forget to add the #include "netbios.h" in the header of your file.

I know it does not detect duplicate names, but it does just what I need.

Like Bill says, full feature of name resolving would be great, but for now, NetBIOS will do the job for my application.

Thank you again!

Simon