lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP performance

From: yueyue papa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP performance
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:06:49 +0800

thank you. Could you give me more information how to increase the received windows.

/* TCP receive window. */
#define TCP_WND                 (TCP_MSS*16)

I could changed to 16, and is there any part buffer needs to update at same time?

Lee

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-02-05 at 16:00 +0800, yueyue papa wrote:
> Is there configuration problem in my setup?
>
> Why my download is only half of my upload?

You have a very small receive window (just 4 * MSS), and so the other
end can only have 4 segments in flight to you at any one time until you
ack them.  It will therefore send four segments, then wait a while to
receive the ACKs, then send more.  This waiting means lower performance.

In the other direction, the other end probably has a larger receive
window, so lwIP doesn't have to stop to wait for ACKs to give more
window space, so it can just send continually.  This means higher
performance in that direction.

Kieran