lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 78, Issue 12

From: Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 78, Issue 12
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:04:03 -0500

Simon,

With AVR port of lwIP, I can make connection and the second one will actualy connected (pending?) but I can't do anything until I close the first one

What do I need to do if I wish to have not even a single pending connection, ie. RST it immediately?

Thanks!

Incoming connections will be sent a RST. However, this doesn't limit
concurrent connections by default: it has been introduced to limit the
outstanding-connection-queue for netconn- or socket-API. Normally, for
the raw API, there is no such thing (that lies in the nature of the
single-threaded callback mechanism). However, when using this feature,
you have to call tcp_accepted from your appect function to decrease this
counter. If you defer calling tcp_accepted and call it later, you can
implement a concurrent-connection limitation.

When using the socket- or netconn-API, the stack does this for you.
Suppose you have one thread calling accept/recv/send/close in a loop and
set the backlog to 1 then you will only have one active and one pending
connection at a time and all other SYNs coming in will be RST'ed.

Simon