lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] why ACK is happen every package

From: yueyue papa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] why ACK is happen every package
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 21:38:34 +0800

If there is package lost, I must seem the resend package from server.  I checked my log, I could not find the host resendded package.

Is there anything wrong in my understanding?

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 2010-03-12 at 13:14 +0800, yueyue papa wrote:

> But the performance is not increase because of duplicated ACK.
>
> xx.120 is lwIP working
> xx.184 is host.
>
> Which parameters cause lwIP send so much duplicate ACK for the host?

The duplicate ACKs are there because there is loss.  lwIP sends them to
the other host to inform it that there is a missing packet that it must
retransmit.  You should work out where the packets are getting dropped
and fix that: the duplicate ACKs make things work faster when there is
loss, they are not slowing it down.  The packet loss will be reducing
performance though.

Kieran