lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] board hangs using dhcp

From: Andrea Visinoni
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] board hangs using dhcp
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 17:26:40 +0100

Switching to lwip 1.3.2 solved the issue running the same code.

Il 04/03/2010 16.13, address@hidden ha scritto:
It seems you are violating threading requirements: calling the netif_*
and dhcp_* functions from any other thread than the tcpip_thread is not
allowed! And if the code below *would* run in that thread context, it
would block RX-packets: the tcpip_thread must process incoming packets
from its mbox.

If you are running multithreaded, you have to use tcpip_callback to get
into the tcpip_thread and call dhcp_start from there. Also, the timer
functions will get called automatically by the tcpip_thread, so there's
no need to call them on your own.

Simon

Andrea Visinoni wrote:
Hi,
i have a simple webserver task on my custom board (at91sam7x256) using
freertos and lwip 1.2.0.
Using static ip i have no problems, but using dhcp my board hangs after
the very first send (using socket api or netconn_write...same problem).
The port is open, the connection is accepted, but when i start sending
data to client in several sends, only the first one succeed.

this is my dhcp start code:

IP4_ADDR(&xIpAddr,0,0,0,0);
IP4_ADDR(&xNetMast,0,0,0,0);
IP4_ADDR(&xGateway,0,0,0,0);

netif_add(&EMAC_if,&xIpAddr,&xNetMast,&xGateway, NULL,
ethernetif_init, tcpip_input);

// make it the default interface
netif_set_default(&EMAC_if);

// Avvio DHCP
dhcp_start(&EMAC_if);

// DHCP negotiation
int mscnt = 0;
while (EMAC_if.ip_addr.addr == 0)
{
sys_msleep(DHCP_FINE_TIMER_MSECS);
dhcp_fine_tmr();
mscnt += DHCP_FINE_TIMER_MSECS;
if (mscnt>= DHCP_COARSE_TIMER_SECS * 1000)
{
dhcp_coarse_tmr();
mscnt = 0;
}