lwip-users

[lwip-users] Help in getting maximum throughput with LWIP.

From: Dany Thiffeault
Subject: [lwip-users] Help in getting maximum throughput with LWIP.
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:43:54 -0400

Hi,

I'm currently coding an application on a AVR32 UC3 board. The board is actually an acquisition platform that's using Ethernet (lwip 1.3.1 currently). I'm using FreeRTOS and the Atmel framework 1.4.

My connection is working great with my Windows application. There are two modes to my AVR32 application:

1- Idle mode where there are only keep-alive packets every 1 second, of 8bytes each.
2- Streaming mode, where the AVR32 (so LWIP) send data as fast as possible to the Win application.

What is important to me is to get maximum speed in Streaming mode, where packets are Header(24bytes) + Data(?Bytes). I'm currently playing with the data size to see what I can achieve. Ideally, the maximum size I would like is about 35KBytes. Right now, I'm not sure what's going on, but the Ethernet seems to hang after a few seconds of streaming. Haven't found the problem so far.

So, what are the important parameters for maximum thoughput in the lwipopts.h file dans other #defines like ETHERNET_CONF_NB_TX_BUFFERS, etc.
I'm kind of lost in all those parameters.

Thanks a lot!!
Dany