lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] DHCP: IF not connected on power up

From: Bernhard 'Gustl' Bauer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] DHCP: IF not connected on power up
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 07:41:38 +0200

Jörg Hermann schrieb:
In addition to invoke dhcp_start(), you
have to periodically call the timer service routines dhcp_coarse_tmr() and dhcp_fine_tmr()
(see the description in the header of dhcp.c)

I set it up as described in dhcp.c and most time it works fine. But some times it doesn't start a dhcp discover - I checked with wireshark.

Maybe I'm not patient enough. What is the longest time from plugging the cable to getting an IP?

Gustl